Create the future of the disciplinary domain
Where is the Disciplinary Domain of Medicine and Pharmacy headed? How can we ensure the quality of our research and education? How do we attract the best researchers, teachers and students? Now you have the opportunity to make your voice heard when we work with the mission, goals and strategies during 2020–2021.
By request of the Vice-Chancellor
The University Board has set the mission, goals and strategies for Uppsala University and the Vice-Chancellor has commissioned the boards of the disciplinary domains to implement them within each organisation respectively. The disciplinary domains shall produce strategic plans, indicators and timed target figures linked to the development targets. The boards will then report them to the Vice-Chancellor.
Nothing is more important
To get the best possible results, it is crucial that as many people as possible can participate and express their points of view. Therefore, the Board of the Disciplinary Domain has invited everyone active at the disciplinary domain to participate in several workshops during the autumn.
Leave your views on the first drafts of the mission, goals and strategies
Three working groups have produced the first drafts of the mission, goals and strategies for Medfarm. The working groups were supposed to present the drafts at the workshops on 20 November, but as those workshops were cancelled, we instead share the drafts here.
Vice-Rector Mats Larhed invites and encourages everyone who works at Medfarm to read them and leave comments.
- Draft 1: Research and third-cycle (doctoral) education
- Draft 1: First-cycle (bachelor) and second-cycle (masters) education
- Draft 1: Organisation
Please send your comments, viewpoints and suggestions to email@example.com. All points of view are welcome.
Voices on the October workshops
Almost 200 participants from the entire disciplinary domain gathered at four half-day workshops on 5 and 6 October. What did they think about the collaboration? Listen to what they have to say.
There were great interest and commitment. At the end of each workshop, everyone was asked to choose a word that summed up the day. The words were then put summarised in word clouds.
Voices on the September kick-off
A vision is needed
“We have a great opportunity to influence how we want the vision of Medfarm to be formulated, and it will affect our everyday lives for a long time to come.
We’re planning for a work process that includes a lot of creative elements and opportunities for everyone to have a say. Here it's important to raise our sights and to see to the best for both Uppsala University as a whole and Medfarm.
A lot is happening at the disciplinary domain and we're developing fast. To be able to feel in control and to feel motivated in our work, a vision is needed. Now, we can all get involved in formulating the future of Medfarm. This is one of Medfarm's most important assignments in 2020–21.”
Working groups formulate the mission, goals and strategies
The work of formulating the mission, goals and strategies for Medfarm is carried out in three thematic working groups:
Timetable for the work process at Medfarm
- Training day for the working groups that have been formed on the themes of research and research training, first and second cycle education and organisation.
- Workshops for the entire disciplinary domain 5 and 6 October, led by a professional facilitator.
- In-depth workshops for the entire disciplinary domain on 20 November, based on the respective themes of the working groups and led by a professional facilitator.
- The working groups gather and process the results from the workshops, and work out concrete proposals for mission, goals and strategies for the disciplinary domain.
- The overall proposal is sent for consultation to all stakeholders at the disciplinary domain, such as departments, committees and student’s unions, to gather reactions and points of view.
- The Board of the Disciplinary Domain decides on the disciplinary domain's mission, goals and strategies on 21 April.
- The Board of the Disciplinary Domain reports the final result to the Vice-Chancellor on 3 May.
- The work of implementing our mission, goals and strategies begins.