Mental health – One of the greatest challenges of our time: Symposium and the 2022 Göran Gustafsson Lecture in Medicine
- Date: –17:00
- Location: The Humanities Theatre or Zoom
- Lecturer: Professor Ned H. Kalin
- Organiser: Uppsala University, WOMHER och the Göran Gustafsson Foundations
- Contact person: Agneta Mattsson, Shima Momeni
Welcome to a symposium on mental health and this year’s Göran Gustafsson lecture in medicine.
Every year, Uppsala University, together with the The Göran Gustafsson Foundations, invites an internationally renowned researcher in medicine to give a lecture. This year’s lecture is given in collaboration with Uppsala University’s centre for women’s mental health, WOMHER.
This year's Göran Gustafsson lecturer and key note lecturer is Professor Ned H. Kalin, Chair of the Department of Psychiatry, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health.
The Göran Gustafsson lecture is held in English. The rest of the symposium is held in Swedish.
Other lecturers are:
- Professor Lisa Ekselius: Psykiatri igår, idag och i morgon
- Docent Åsa Konradsson Geuken: Stigma vid psykisk sjukdom – det kan vi klara oss utan
- Professor Simon Cervenka: The immune system in psychotic disorders - what does molecular brain imaging tell us?
- Docent Andreas Frick: Den rädda hjärnan
- Docent Erika Comasco: Hjärnan, kön och hormoner
- Professor Alkistis Skalkidou: Graviditet – en potent trigger av psykisk ohälsa?
- Docent Fotis Papadopoulos: Artificiell intelligens inom framtidens psykiatri
The symposium is held in the Humanities Theatre but be aware of any changes due to changed restrictions and conditions.
Events for Medicine and Pharmacy
Subscribe to calendar
Please follow these instructions to subscribe to the calendar in Outlook on Windows:
- Copy the calendar link.
- Switch to the calendar view in Outlook.
- Right click My calendars (or Other calendars), select Add calendar, select From Internet.
- In the dialogue that pops up, paste the calendar link.
- Approve the subscription.
The calendar is now available in Outlook. Check the checkbox besides the new calendar to view it.
For Safari on Mac, read these instructions.
In other calendar applications, copy the link and then follow the appropriate procedure.
Halftime seminar - Molecular and clinical studies in paediatric cancer, with focus on leukemia
Half-time Seminar; Favour Onyeogaziri
Title, Elucidating novel mechanisms in the pathogenesis of Cerebral Cavernous Malformation (CCM)
Biomedicinskt centrum, BMC
Universitetshuset, sal IX
Disputation - Health of refugee migrants in the early post-migration phase in Sweden – The role of health resources and health promotion
Research Forum Children and Adolescents - Changes in ISOBMI and malnutrition in children irradiated for a brain tumor
Gender role structure and violence in a cultural context a two decade long research collaboration between Sri Lanka and Sweden
Public defence: How to model temporal changes in epidemiological data: Treatment trajectories in men with prostate cancer
NN defends his thesis "How to model temporal changes in epidemiological data: Treatment trajectories in men with prostate cancer".
Post-registration seminar - Food intake and nutritional status during treatment for brain tumours in children
ObGyn Highlights - Undersökning av följsamheten till riktlinjer för diagnostik av placenta accreta spectrum-tillstånd på kvinnokliniken, Akademiska sjukhuset 2018-2022
Dissertation, Abigail Alvarado Vazquez "Mast cell and their progenitors in respiratory diseases: Understanding their connection to lung function and airway inflammation"