Vice-Rector Mats Larhed invites you to the faculty meetings of the Disciplinary Domain of Medicine and Pharmacy. Welcome!
Next faculty meeting
When: Thursday 15 September 2022, 15:30–17:00
Other info: -
When: Thursday 15 December 2022, 15:30–17:00
Other info: -
Minutes from previous meetings
- Minutes from the meeting 2022-06-09
- Minutes from the meeting 2022-02-15
- Minutes (in Swedish) from the meeting 2021-12-16
- Minutes (in Swedish) from the meeting 2021-09-16
- Minutes (in Swedish) from the meeting 2021-06-10
- Minutes (in Swedish) from the meeting 2021-02-16
- Minutes (in Swedish) from the meeting 2020-12-15
- Minutes (in Swedish) from the meeting 2020-09-10
About the faculty meetings
According to the curriculum U-55, all permanent academic teachers sat on the faculties' boards. With the 1977 higher education reform, it was decided that the faculty boards would only have representatives for the permanent academic teachers, instead of all teachers being included.
Therefore, the need arose for a meeting place for peer anchoring and conversation. That meeting place became the faculty meeting. At the medical and pharmaceutical faculties at Uppsala University, some tasks were transferred from the faculty boards to the faculty meetings. The most important was to appoint honorary doctorates.
In accordance with the definitions found in the Rules of Procedure for Uppsala University, all “academically qualified individuals” are called to the meetings. However, not everyone has the right to vote. There are certain rules about who has, that stipulates the requirements of the scope and duration of the employment. The others have the right to attend and express opinions. In addition to these, senior professors and staff at the domain offices are also called.
At the faculty meetings, current issues are discussed and new professors present themselves and their research. The meetings also appoint the Electoral Assembly of the disciplinary domain and appoint honorary doctorates.
“The term ‘academically qualified individual’ means in this context a person who is
- employed as a professor or
- employed as a teacher or researcher when the position requires a doctoral degree or equivalent expertise.”