About the Disciplinary Domain
The Disciplinary Domain of Medicine and Pharmacy consists of two faculties – Medicine and Pharmacy, 11 departments and 13 research centres. We conduct research with both breadth and edge. Many projects are run in close collaboration with the industry, community and Uppsala University Hospital.
One of Uppsala University’s scientific areas of strength is Life Science. We are ranked among the top 40 in the world in the area. It is a recognition that makes us proud but not yet satisfied. Here we present a selection of our ongoing operations.
Welcome to the Disciplinary Domain of Medicine and Pharmacy.
The Office for Medicine and Pharmacy serves as a support for the disciplinary domain.
The disciplinary domain in brief
- 7 831 students
- over 900 doctoral students
- 1 441 employess (of which 157 are professors)
- 138 PhD degrees per year
- 2 578 publications per year
- 2 faculties
- 11 departments
- 13 centres
- 9 Bachelor's programmes
- 15 Master's programmes (of which 10 are international Master's programmes taught in English)
- Approximately 200 freestanding courses