The Disciplinary Domain of Medicine and Pharmacy has defined new visions and goals.
Uppsala alumnus Svante Pääbo wins Nobel Prize in medicine
Svante Pääbo, who received his doctorate from Uppsala University in 1986, has been awarded this year’s Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine “for his discoveries concerning the genome of extinct hominins and human evolution”.
PhD thesis provides new knowledge about oral delivery of biological drugs
Biological drugs have an increasingly important function in healthcare, but despite numerous years of research, physicians often lack effective methods to give them as tablets.
When the brain no longer complies – is it dementia?
The Olof Rudbeck Day 21 October features lectures on dementia. We will learn about current knowledge about the brain, what happens when it stops functioning and the search for new treatments.
- Successful care model with virtual home hospital 4 Oct 2022
- Uppsala alumnus Svante Pääbo wins Nobel Prize in medicine 3 Oct 2022
- New consortium to develop RNA-based treatment for Crohn's disease 30 Sep 2022
- PhD thesis provides new knowledge about oral delivery of biological drugs 28 Sep 2022
- European genomics initiative to map biodiversity 28 Sep 2022
- Strong link between gut bacteria and metabolites 26 Sep 2022
- Children's rights discussed at biomedicine conference 23 Sep 2022
Tumor biology seminar, Kalyani Vemuri "CD93 limits VEGFR2 activation and preserves endothelial barrier function in metastatic cancer"
Dissertation, Jennifer Jagdmann "Antibiotic resistance in the pan-genome of E. coli"
SweDeliver and NextBioForm Webinarium
Virology seminar, Zamaneh Hajikhezri
Genomic seminar, Vaishali Katju "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly: Mutation, Selection and Conflict in Experimentally Evolved C. elegans Populations"
Public defence: Evaluation of Intracranial Arteriovenous Malformations with Magnetic Resonance Imaging
Thesis Defence, Minas Hellsand
Immunology seminar, Gunilla Enblad “Malignant lymphoma – biology and treatment with focus on immunology”
Half-time seminar, Sagnik Pal
Ethical aspects in pediatric research: perceptions of ethical review board members
The quality of clinical research
Clinical research evaluated in Sweden’s ALF regions 2022–2023